Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Kitchen: Phase 2-ish

Hey there! Thought I would share some progress photos of the kitchen during Phase 2....ish. I say "ish" because the bead board back-splash isn't attached and properly trimmed. But, I've been painting the corbels that will go under the cabinets once that is in place.

I've also been working on a cute decorative wall accent for above the cabinets. I loved the wooden letter words that Ashley from TheHandMadeHome cut out and covered with some lovely yellow patterned fabric. I found some wood letters at Hobby Lobby and painted them in a chevron pattern and another pattern. I love how it turned out!


I recovered my bar stools and made some curtains using a table cloth on clearance at Target. I paid $7!








I also found these kitchen towels at Target on clearance for $10 or $11. A nice compliment to the grey and yellow scheme.  

 

Almost forgot to mention installing kitchen knobs and pulls on the cabinets! I got mine at Ikea. I went with Svep in black for the white cabinets and Lindsdal for the island.
Can't wait to get the bead board and corbels in place! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I enjoy reading your comments!