Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Birthday Cakes

May is a busy birthday fest in our family. My youngest daughter's birthday is at the beginning of May and my son and dad's birthdays are at the end of May! Then a week into June comes my sister-in-law, niece and husband's birthday! Phew...

Sooo, I thought I would share my youngest daughter and son's cakes that I made myself.




As if a rainbow of skittles wasn't colorful enough!


It was a hit with the kids and the adults. I made the butter cream icing from a box mix by Wilton. YUMMY. It wasn't too sweet, just right. 


The cake almost slopped off the plate. I needed help and fast! Good thing the Lego Dudes came to the rescue! LOL 




I found these cool Lego candies and used real Lego dudes. The inside layers were colored in primary colors.  I also used the same Wilton icing mix. MMM...MMM!

Suzy :0)

2 comments:

  1. Love your two cakes. I really love the lego's on the cake. It almost looks to real to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dara! They were really fun to make. :0)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think. I enjoy reading your comments!