Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Chalkboard Paint on Planters

Hope you are having a great start to 2011! I've already set a ton of goals for myself. One of which includes blogging more often! I have to admit. This is harder than I thought. Words don't always come easily to me and I don't always have a decorating or crafting project to report on. So, I guess this means I need to line up some more projects so that I can at least blog on a weekly basis.

Speaking of projects, here's one I just got done with:

My stairway has 3 tiered shelves that have been longing to be filled with something decorative. I wanted to put planters on them but could never find any I liked for the price. Finally, that day came! I found 3 planters while browsing in Ross for $10 each. Two of them were greenish colored and the other one was a creamy color. I loved the shape but not the colors.

Here's what they looked like:



I wanted to paint them black and decided to try chalkboard paint ($4). 


I gave them all a light coat using a foam brush. Then I wrote my kid's first initial on each of them to be cute.

Here's how they turned out:




I'm still undecided on whether I should replace them with real ferns or not. :0)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I enjoy reading your comments!